Thursday, June 10, 2010

Knits and ink

Friends, its been a while, forgive me. its been super crazy around here.. mainly because..

Beebee is here! that's Iraqi for Grandma :)

beebee is the yarn queen. Although nowadays, her hands and fingers gave in to time and age. she still crochets and knits, but much less than before.

When i told her about Le Petit Sourire, she told me to get my yarn out, because she wants to help out.

ever since then, she has knitted multiple hats and knitted things, all of which I absolutely love. she has her own style, and i have my own. This is great because it adds diversity and fun to LPS's collection. im so grateful to her for her enthusiasm. and I get to hear the best stories of her youth while we sit and knit.

I've also started on some Art prints and greeting cards. Ive been using old fashioned ink with a nib pen. a process which i think is so beautiful because of its antiquity and the precise marks of the nib pen, im generally a messy artist, but i absolutely enjoy this hours on end.

work on the website is coming along, and I anticipate LPS to be ready for launch in august :).. maybe late august, haha :) life+ work..sigh. 

next week, im planning a sewing/screen printing extravaganza. purses, pencil cases, screen printed t shirts and the like.I'll post some pics as soon as i get things done. I already have a couple of ideas for tshirts inspired by 2 of my favorite people..

peace, guanabana juice and eggplants,

aya




--------------------------
if you just joined us, Le Petit Sourire is a project that includes making and selling crafts of all kinds, and hopefully raising enough money to build a school for children in some spot in the world! it's now in its production phase! :) 

3 comments:

  1. i'm so proud of u.. when i get back..we have to hang out...i love u <3
    check out my blog www.amalabsiye@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. HUG HUG HUG
    I love the video with the masai! man do i wish i could come visit you in Kenya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Aya! Love your blog! Definitely be following on your adventures :)

    Take Care!

    Ed

    ReplyDelete