Friday, May 21, 2010

journals,flowers and jewelry!

Its been crazy busy around the house lately, so i've had a break for the past couple of days.

but before that, i was on a Le Petit Sourire craze!

part of my accessories collection includes hair flowers and so i got my fabric scraps out and using scissors, a candle, thread and a needle.. i made a few shapes and types, all in teal now. we'll get to other colors soon. i dig the flower in the hair look, its so feminine and girly and fresh. i think guys should wear it too.

i've also been book binding as usual, its one of my favorite things to do after eating and traveling, and reading, and drawing, and day dreaming. oh and sleeping, and driving, and learning languages and... listening to music and changing the world. that makes it.. 11 on my list.
i'm making three little notebooks at the moment, and already finished a small sketchbook with original artwork on it. book binding is super easy (but time consuming) and although it requires a legit book press and tools, ive managed so far with a few heavy books and my brother's weights.. i'll post the process one day for those who are... interested:)

Also, this project started because i wanted to use my skills for change, but I wouldn't have taken the first steps without a push from people around me. I seriously started considering doing Le Petit Sourire because I've had a few friends, and a couple of strangers like the earrings or jewelry i made. its probably number 12 on my list of things i love doing. a portion of LPS's merchandise will be accessories and jewelry items, so i've worked on a couple of bracelets and earrings during the week.

today, its still crazy around the house, but i'm keeping myself in the atelier to get a few things done for all the children out there whose life might be touched by this project :)

5 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful! Love the ones with turquoise stones!

    I really commend those people who actually gets things done instead of only saying it. "This project started because i wanted to use my skills for change"—damn, this is inspiring! Maybe I should get my ass up and start doing that too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm.... maybe i can gift the earrings.... and keep the sketchbook for me... but i guess u dont ship international yet, if u do pls let me know i wanna shop :)

    p.s if u wanna sell the flowers to the guys add bluetooth to it loo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candice,
    your comment actually gave me a push forward! thanks for the support :) :)

    Nit, i havent even started selling things, im still getting things ready, it will be "launched" by august. but once it is, i will definitely be shipping things to India and the rest of the world :) :) nothing more exciting than having something i made reach another part of the world.
    p.s. hahaha
    p.s. i miss you friend, truly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are beautiful Aya! I am so in love with the colour <3 can't wait to see more of your amazing work :)

    Lots of love,

    Rasha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rashoo :) xoxoxox thank you lovey. your support really makes a difference. hug.

    ReplyDelete