Monday, April 12, 2010

step one, check.

I'm so grateful for the four walls surrounding my basement that shielded the eyes of passers by from the mess that was my basement. SO grateful. you literally couldn't walk from point A to point B (5 feet away from each other) without tripping over a tube of oil paint, book binding tools, old artwork, and fabric scraps.
Im not usually that messy. ok thats a blatant lie. im messy when it comes to art work, and i dont mind. I need a messy, yet somehow organized atmosphere to create.

So my goal for the past weekend was to arrange my basement and have it ready for Le Petit Sourire. the floors are now clear, desks, organizers, drawers and boxes have been added, all in all, creating workstations for the following: Sewing/fabric-related art station, illustrating/book making/ greeting cards station, lino cuts/stamp making station, jewelry making station and a final area for screen printing and fabric painting.

with that, we scratch STEP ONE from our to-do list!

now that my atelier is ready for business.. we move on to step 2, the website! i'll keep you posted on that one!

1 comment: