Thursday, April 15, 2010

draw, draw, draw!

ink pen +india ink + paper = euphoria for a few good hours.
I've been sketching for the website for the past 2 days, and Im sure, at some point.. im going to need someone to take away my drawing equipment because I might just keep going and going.. SO much fun.

also finished, is the site map.. I'm sure my interactivity (aka interaction design, aka website design) instructor wouldn't approve of it, its slightly (or, highly..) indecipherable.. but! it makes sense in my head, I even color coded it. so its all good. As long as at the end of the day, the world wide web gets a website that works..

here are a few of the sketches ive been working on.They're just roughs and i plan to play around with them in photoshop/illustrator or with watercolors/gouache paints..they also might not even end up on the site... I have no idea how this website will look like at the end.. but In my head.. i see illustrations and drawings.. so shall it be! 

Click to open in new window, then click again to enlarge =)

4 comments:

  1. I don't how your sketches would play out in terms of usability, but they're darn pretty. You can have a good website without going overboard with the intricacies. Focus on what matters because you want to be able to sell your art to everyone, not just those who can decipher how to use your website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. for sure Ibrahim :)

    I like simple websites too. i'll definitely make it easy to use, thats what Interactivity Design is all about. but I would like a couple of illustrations (maybe a transparency) in the background where they dont interfere with the usability.

    Thanks for the insight though :) always appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Aya,
    It's Jenni! Nice sketches I really like the first two. And I like the last one too for the illustrationy style. Eeh... Can't wait to see the website.

    ReplyDelete
  4. =) =) =) i actually like the girls. ill just keep sketching, until i have a whole library that i can use throughout..
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete