Tuesday, April 6, 2010

and so it begins..

Five months of summer..I cant contain my excitement!!
I plan to spend those 5 months immersed in my work on Le Petit Sourire (as well as other happenings), and I figured it would be kind of cool to let you guys in on whats going on, since you guys have been with me since the beginning- re: the name contest we had, which ultimately decided this project shall bear the name of Le Petit Sourire!


so for those of you joining us at this point, and are wondering what Le Petit Sourire is..

I have decided that all the crazy ideas in my head and the to-make lists that include accessories, hand made books/journals, crocheted/knitted scarves and hats, sewed anything and everything, screen printed/any kind of printed clothing/fabric crafts, painted/sprayed/sketched/..stuff could be made! and I shall make them for the world!

the jist of the project is this: I make all of the above and then some, you and the rest of the human population on the planet (or a tiny percentile of it..) will kindly purchase them for yourselves, loved ones, anyone! and 60% of what you give will go towards building a school in the world with Free The Children, and 40% goes back into the project for more materials and tools =)

I dont know how successful this will be, i might end up with boxes and boxes of my hand made crafts, or it might actually work and then we'll have a school somewhere for children whose basic human right is to get the education they deserve!

this project and all the effort and passion in me for a better world is and always will be inspired by the restless idealists who work everyday for a better world, and by the smiles on the faces of the children worldwide- particularly vivid in my mind are those smiles of the children of San Miguel de Pomachaca and Gulahuayco in Ecuador who kindly gave me a lifetime's worth of high fives!

join me in this journey! lets see where we end up!

12 comments:

  1. Ayoota I love this project! I am not a very crafty person (ask Rasha lol) but if you need any other form of support please don't hesitate to ask! I would love to help you out in any way I can :)
    Inshallah this proves to be very successful... ela al amam da2iman!!! <3

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooy hobii!!! thank you =) =) pinch your cheeks for me =)
    xoxox^infinity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. son of a ...
    5 months :(
    anyways
    GOOD LUCK
    <3 sister
    -zahra'a

    ReplyDelete
  4. aya, if theres anything you need, let me know! whether its ideas, design collabo, etc.

    you're a great, creative person and I know this will flourish :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anna!!!! im very fortunate to have met you! im so thankful =)

    i foresee a day of art making sometime this summer =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ayoooo :):) glad to see you working hard on this! don't give up and we're all here for support :):)

    lots of love and best of luuck!!

    Subway! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Subway xxoxoxo thank you =) you were one of the first people to give me a push and get serious about this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 4th time is the charm! I am beyond proud Aya...You are such a beautiful soul <3 How can I help?? It's Rasha btw, and I can confirm that Zainab ain't got no craftiness!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LMAO! wilich I love you! i miss you Rashoo. and the uninquisitive scientist gave it away anyways=P hahah.
    you following the blog and providing moral support is beyond helpful. plus, maybe visiting us? that will help. thank you =)

    ReplyDelete